Jean Gran, Holistic Money Coach and Educator
I’m passionate about empowering women financially.
Women often come to me feeling confused, stressed and even hopeless about getting a handle on their finances and solving their money problems.
Since money touches every aspect of their lives, their financial problems are often dragging down their health, relationships, family life, work, play and ability to fulfill their potential. They feel caught in a trap with no way out.
But—and here is the good news—as their relationship with money improves and they take control of their finances, the positive impacts ripple throughout their lives. With financial empowerment, women experience greater confidence, satisfaction and fulfillment in all aspects of their lives.
I love supporting that transformation through individual coaching, women’s money circles and financial education.
My own story fuels my passion.
My passion for empowering women financially comes straight from my own experience. After my first career doing immunology research, I returned to school as an adult, earned a bachelor’s in accounting, and became a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Massachusetts. I enjoyed a successful 15-year career as an accountant.
While I have always liked math and been fascinated by how businesses work, I had another deeper reason for becoming an accountant. I often didn’t feel like an adult with money. I wanted to know how money worked and manage my own finances confidently.
What I learned surprised me. Yes, my financial knowledge had increased, and I was very competent as an accountant. However, in spite of that, many of my own old money patterns persisted. I learned firsthand that financial knowledge alone wasn’t enough to change ingrained old behaviors.
Then my real education began in the “School of Life.” Due to stress, my workaholic habits and a virus, I developed severe chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia. My accounting career was over, and I began a healing journey that culminated in becoming a holistic money coach. I learned that to truly heal my health and my relationship with money, I had to grow on three levels: spiritual, practical, and emotional.
As my body and my finances healed, my whole life transformed in ways I couldn’t have imagined. My connection to purpose deepened, my relationships improved and I found a calling that fed my soul. It was as though all of the paths in my life had been leading me toward becoming a Holistic Money Coach and Educator for Women, and I was the last to find out.
Why I work with professional women.
I know firsthand the pain of being a successful career woman while feeling embarrassed by the way I handle my money. I was the picture of success in many areas of my life, but I felt like an imposter where my own money was concerned. That undermined my confidence and impacted my relationships, career and fulfillment in many subtle and not-so-subtle ways. You may identify.
How clients, colleagues and friends see me.
Seeing yourself through the eyes of others is a very powerful experience. My coach suggested and implemented a 360 Survey, where she requested feedback from my clients, colleagues and friends. They described me as caring, intelligent, dependable, sincere, calm, ethical, genuine, sensitive, supportive, authentic, kind, organized, accessible, credible and honest.
I am a dedicated lifelong learner.
I love to learn. My passion for empowering women financially is inspired by my own journey, but my work with clients is built on a strong foundation of training and professional experience.
Accounting Education, Certification and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s in Accounting from Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
- Certified Public Accountant in Massachusetts (retired)
- Successful 15-year career working in public, manufacturing and healthcare accounting
Psychosynthesis Counselor Training, Certification and Experience:
- Completed a three-year Psychosynthesis Counselor Training program and internship through the Synthesis Center in Amherst, Mass., directed by Dr. Dorothy Firman
- Certified Psychosynthesis Counselor (www.synthesiscenter.org)
- Experience from 2003 to the present as a Certified Psychosynthesis Counselor
Life Coach Training, Certification and Experience:
- Graduate of the Thomas Leonard Schools of Coaching (www.coachville.com)
- Life Coach Certification (MMC) through the International Association of Coaching (www.certifiedcoach.org)
- Graduate of the Psychosynthesis Life Coach Training Program (www.synthesiscenter.org)
- Life Coach Certification (BCC) through the Center for Credentialing and Education (www.cce-global.org)
- Faculty for the Psychosynthesis Life Coach Training Program
- Experience from 2006 to the present as a Certified Life Coach
Financial RecoveryTM Coach Training, Certification and Experience:
- Completed one-year Financial Recovery Coach Training Program led by Karen McCall (ww.financialrecovery.com)
- Certified Financial RecoveryTM Coach
- Experience from 2009 to the present as a Certified Financial Recovery Coach
Ongoing Reading and Training:
- I love to read, take classes, and continue to grow in the fields of coaching and human development. Among my favorite topics are change theory, psychosynthesis, brain science, positive psychology and spiritual intelligence.
When I’m not coaching…
In my free time, I enjoy:
- Hiking in the lovely Berkshire Hills with my husband, daughter and friends.
- Snowshoeing in new snow and looking for tracks and other signs of winter wildlife.
- Volunteering at Met Live opera broadcasts and reveling in the luscious, over-the-top music, drama, sets and costumes.
- Kayaking in lakes and streams and absorbing the peace that comes with being on the water in the early morning or late afternoon.
- Visiting with friends and family in front of a warm, crackling fire or on my front porch overlooking Mt. Greylock.
- Excursions into Boston, where I lived during graduate school, to visit friends and see the sights.
- Reading novels that expand my world and nonfiction about how humans grow, change and develop their potential.
- Photographing flowers close-up in all their intricate detail and lavish colors.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Take the first step now toward reducing your financial stress and building a healthy, prosperous relationship with money. Schedule a complimentary phone consultation with me. Our conversation will be completely confidential, and you won’t be under any obligation to purchase products or services. Your needs and well being will be our primary focus. Contact Me Now.